Sunday, February 6, 2011

Close Call

Driving and walking on the streets of PaP can be quite risky at times. There really don't seem to be much of any rules and you always have to be quick on your toes. While walking to church yesterday I was reminded that you can't ever let your guard down. We were walking on the side walk right next to the entrance to the SDA University when a pick-up truck decided to start backing up rather quickly. Nathan jumped out of the way by going in front of the vehicle and I jumped up on a ledge that had the university wall behind me. I figured that the driver would stop before hitting the wall, but he wasn't even looking behind him as he shot backwards and so I got pinned between the truck and the wall. Eveyone was screaming at the driver but it wasn't until Nathan starting beating on the hood of the truck that he finally stopped. Fortunately the only damage done was a bruise on one knee and a trembling heart.

It may have been a small thing, but it was a good reminder to not take any moment for granted. Life is special and it is only by the grace of God that we are all here.

"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends!
 By His mercies we are kept from complete destruction.
Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself,
"The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" 
Lamentations 3:22-24

-Amy

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, that's so terrifying!! i'm so glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete